One of the most important (but missed) elements of a great composite has to do with LIGHT. When I first started compositing I didn’t understand how to look for light. I thought that cutting my subject out nicely and blending into the environment was enough to make it work. I missed the most important step, MATCHING the LIGHT.
In this series of videos I take you through everything to do with LIGHT including:
- Creating beautiful atmospheric light in camera
- Using and enhancing natural light
- Using and enhancing studio lighting/strobes
- Seeing the Light – Analysing a background
- Manipulating the light on a flat lit subject
- Manipulating the light on a harsh lit subject
- Manipulating the lighting effects in Photoshop with light and atmosphere brushes
The series also includes practice files, backgrounds, elements, brushes and overlays at no extra cost.
The full series will be rolled out for members over coming weeks. Sign up to gain access to this series and more at Story Art Education.
To register for annual membership at $50 off(limited time only) the first year use the code: light